FKMClick on Image to Enlarge Make Enquiry
Fluorocarbon (FPM, FKM, Viton™)
Fluorocarbon is a well- known high performance rubber, and especially it has excellent resistance to high temperature, ozone, weather, oxygen, mineral oil, fuels, hydraulic fluids, aromatics and many organic solvents and chemicals.
Viton™ system gum like general type (A-TYPE, 66% fluorine), middle fluorine content type (B-, GBL-TYPE, 67~68.5% fluorine), high fluorine content type (F-, GF-TYPE,70% fluorine ), improving low temperature flexibility type (GLT-, GFLT) and excellent resistance to more chemicals and solvents– Viton™ ETP Extreme.
We also can supply excellent acid and alkali resistance parts made by AFLAS®.
Cure system–Bisphenol cured vs. Peroxide-Cured
Standard FKM compounds are Bisphenol cured. FKM compounds with peroxide-cured possess better acid solution resistance than the bisphenol cured, and can replace litharge-cured applied in acid solution. In Some lubricants adding a few organic amide or amine, choosing peroxide curing system Viton™ will be better than bisphenol curing system.
Other Common Variations
- FKM can also be submitted for approval to Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use in applications as prescribed in UL157.
- FKM has excellent resistance to high temperature, oil, solvent, flame, chemical and weather, and it is usually applied in automotive, chemical processing, aerospace and many industrials.
- Viton™ GLT is broadly used in thermal range of -40℃to +250℃and it has outstanding resistance to aggressive HTS-type oils which are commonly used in aerospace industry.
- Viton™ ETP is usually applied in chemical industrial.
- In some fuels adding several methanol, Viton™ F and B-type are more usable than A-type especially F-type. If it requires lower temperature, GFLT and GBLT will be available.
- AFLAS® (TFE/propylene polymer) is better base and steam resistant than other general Vitons. It can be use in amine, amide and some bases.
- ASTM D 1418 Designation:FKM
- ISO/DIN 1629 Designation:FKM
- ASTM D2000 / SAE J 200 Codes:HK
- Standard Color(s):Black
- Hardness Range: 50 to 90 Shore A
- Relative Cost:High
- Standard Low Temperature:-26°C / -15°F
- Standard High Temperature:250°C / 482°F
- Special Compound Low Temperature:-40°C / -40°F
- Special Compound High Temperature:275°C / 527°F
Fkm Manufacture And suppliers in Dubai, UAE
- Power Generation
- Fluid Power
- Chemicals & Fertilizer Plants
- Hydraulic Fittings
- Hydraulic Cylinders
- Pneumatic Cylinders
- Valves and Pumps
- Plumbing Products
- Dairy/Food Processing
- Earthmoving & Construction Equipment