FluorosiliconeClick on Image to Enlarge Make Enquiry
Fluorosilicone Rubber (FVMQ)
Fluorosilicone is like silicone rubber, bonding trifluoropropyl, methyl, and vinyl as side chains. The mechanical and physical properties are similar to VMQ. However, FVMQ offers improved fuel and mineral oil resistance, but poorer hot air resistance then standard VMQ.
Cure system – Peroxide-Cured
Standard FVMQ compounds are peroxide-cured.
Other Common Variations
- FVMQ offers excellent low-temperature flexibility and good resistance to fuel and aromatic mineral oil. It is usually applied in contact with jet and automotive fuels, most solvents, and engine oil especially in aerospace industry.
- FVMQ compounds meet MIL-R-25988 specification.
- ASTM D 1418 Designation: FVMQ
- ISO/DIN 1629 Designation: FVMQ
- ASTM D2000 / SAE J 200 Codes: FK
- Standard Color(s): Blue
- Hardness Range: 40 to 85 Shore A
- Relative Cost: High
- Standard Low Temperature: -60°C / -76°F
- Standard High Temperature: 177°C / 350°F
- Special Compound Low Temperature: -60C / -76°F
- Special Compound High Temperature: 232°C / 450°F
- Power Generation
- Fluid Power
- Chemicals & Fertilizer Plants
- Hydraulic Fittings
- Hydraulic Cylinders
- Pneumatic Cylinders
- Valves and Pumps
- Plumbing Products
- Dairy/Food Processing
- Earthmoving & Construction Equipment